I have a confession. I really don’t understand why so many people are so crazy about Penang. With my clearest mind, I really can’t understand why there is so much tourist there. I have been there and yes, I have eight, yes, EIGHT reasons why you do not want to visit Penang.
1. There is literally nothing to do at all in Penang!
Can you imagine spending hours in this island holed up in your hotel room? I mean, where can I even go in Penang?
2. The beach is an eyesore.
Have you ever been to Penang’s beach? If yes, you would totally agree to the above statement. What a disappointment.
3. Penang lacks greenery! It’s a concrete jungle there!
Funny how some people actually think that Penang is very green. They will be in for a surprise.
4. Oh right, and they keep promoting the heritage buildings. Can you imagine how boring history can be?
We get you people! With high-tech buildings these days, why do you want to go visit these heritage buildings with their so called unique architecture and designs that you will not see elsewhere? Who likes old buildings anyway?
5. The most difficult thing to get in Penang: Food. And even if you do find them, there’s no variety!
Be very worried when you are in Penang. Food is hard to come by and there are not much for you to choose from anyway.
6. The walls are terribly vandalised and they are not doing anything to repair them!
The above are just two of the many examples of vandalised walls in Penang and they are everywhere! I am surprised they are not doing anything to repair it, maybe paint it back or something.
7. There is no place to hang out in Penang at night.
I’m pretty sure Gurney Drive, Karpal Singh Drive, Padang Kota, Straits Quay or even Queensbay Mall are not your cup of tea to hang out!
8. Penang is a dead city with no life.
They only organize dead activities like Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, Dragon Boat Festival, Floral Festival, Art and Film Festival, Marathons and the list just goes on and on! Where are all the fun activities?
Have your own reason to “not” visit Penang? Drop it in the comment section below.